You're an author. I'm an author.
I bet we have a lot in common. We both love to write (even when we hate it!). We both spend a lot a lot time with our invisible friends. We both hope readers will buy and love our books. And there's a good chance you've said at some point, as I have, "Wouldn't it be great if someone else would handle 'all that selling stuff,' and I could just write?"
Unfortunately, that's not the world we live in. Even if you can afford a publicist, the bulk of your marketing and promotion will fall to you. You're going to have to do something to help your audience find--and fall in love with--your books.
The good news is, book marketing doesn't have to be a chore. You can build an author platform and connect with readers using your individual strengths and interests. The Sell Your Books, Not Your Soul course will help you create a marketing plan you can live with--and maybe even enjoy.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Finding your personal marketing style
- The foundations of a solid author marketing plan
- Choosing your four marketing pillars
- Going from unknown to known
- Growing and nurturing your email list
- Social media - Should you, or should you not? And if you do, how do you make the most of it?
- Getting reviews
- Paid Advertising
- Street Teams
- . . . and much, much more
The lessons will be delivered in a series of weekly live sessions, with replays or re-recordings for anyone unable to attend live. Then we'll work together in the private Book Marketing Mastermind Facebook group, encouraging each other and sharing ideas, strategies, and insights.
This course is for you if:
- You have (or are planning to have) a book for sale but aren't sure how to effectively market and promote it.
- You know you need to market and promote your book, but are uncomfortable with the execution.
- You're fairly satisfied with your marketing plan but would like to learn more.
This course is not for you if:
- You're a book marketing superstar, and book marketing and promotion come easily to you.
- You already have a book marketing plan you're satisfied with and aren't looking for new ideas.
- You're looking for someone to create and execute your book marketing plan for you.
Before you ask, I'm no marketing guru. I'm good at coming up with great promotional ideas--for other people--but "selling" doesn't come naturally or easily to me. That's why I've worked so hard to learn what's working for others--and why it works. It's also why I understand that the only marketing plan that works is the one that's right for you.
Need a guru? I'm not your gal. But if you'd like a shepherd, a guide, and consistent, honest encouragement as you find your marketing mojo, you've come to the right place.
The kickoff for this live course is on Monday, January 4. Participation is limited, so reserve your spot now.
About the instructor
Jaden Terrell is a Shamus Award finalist and the author of the internationally published, Nashville-based Jared McKean private detective mysteries. She's a contributor to the International Thriller Writers' Big Thrill online magazine and to Now Write! Mysteries, a collection of writing exercises published by Tarcher/Penguin for writers of crime fiction.
Terrell is a recipient of several awards for service to the crime writing community, including the 2017 Killer Nashville Builder Award and two awards for service to the Southeast Chapter of Mystery Writers of America (SEMWA): the 2009 Magnolia Award and the 2017 Silver Quill Award.
A former special education teacher with thirty years of experience as a teacher and trainer, Terrell is a writing coach and consultant who also teaches workshops on the craft and business of writing fiction. Contact her at: http://www.jadenterrell.com.