Your characters have something important to say. How they say it can be the difference between a book that will touch your readers' hearts and one they forget as soon as they close the pages.
Dialogue done well is a big part of what brings your characters to life. Done poorly, it can make them sound cardboard and cartoonish.
Most writers fall between the two extremes. Their dialogue is just...adequate. Which means, while they're not writing badly, they're missing an opportunity to make their books truly stand out. Great dialogue makes great characters shine.
That's what this course is designed to help you do. In it, you'll learn:
- how dialogue differs from real-world speech
- how to structure and punctuate dialogue
- how to handle dialect and accents
- how to give your characters distinctive voices
- how and when to use speech tags for maximum effect
- how to weave in sensory details, internal monologue, backstory, and exposition
- how to use subtext to deepen and enrich your story
The course includes video lessons, quizzes, and examples from contemporary bestselling novels to help you transform stilted, awkward, melodramatic, or average dialogue into effective, natural-sounding conversation.
It's self-study, but that doesn't mean you're on your own. If you get stuck or have questions, you can always email me at email@example.com
Module 1: The Illusion of Speech
Module 2: Just the Basics
Module 3: Weaving In and Fleshing Out
Module 4: Unique Voices
Module 5: Integration and Subtext
$10.00 / month
$10.00 / monthSupercharge Your Writing